7.2 The most important options of ECB
Here are the most important options (it is recommended to check at
least the following options before working with ECB). You can
customize them via the customize-group “ecb-most-important” or via
- Where ECB can find your sources. You must set this option!
- Should the online help of ECB be displayed in the standard Info format
or in HTML format in a web-browser.
- Auto. activation of ECB after start (see Automatic activation) or
major-mode-based showing or hiding the ecb-windows.
- Support of several window-managers (see Window-managers and ECB).
- All ECB-keybindings incl. a common prefix-key (see Using the keyboard).
- Should ECB create a new frame at activation time.
- Define how to use the mouse (see Using the mouse).
- The look&feel of the trees in the tree-buffers. The former option
defines the general style of the tree-buffers and the latter ones
allow to customize the ascii-style tree-buffers (maybe you like a
value of 4 for the latter one if you display the expand-symbol before
(see Tree-buffer styles).
- Which files will (not) be shown in ECB.
- The ECB layout, means which windows you want to be displayed in the
ECB-frame and also the location of these windows (see Changing the ECB-layout).
- Which buffers should be treaten as “compilation-buffers” and
therefore displayed in the compile-window of ECB - if there is any.
- How to display the entries in the ECB-method window for semantic
supported sources (see Customizing the display). These options
take only effect for semantic-sources (see Definition of semantic- and non-semantic-sources).
- Displaying file-contents for not by semantic supported files too, e.g.
for LaTeX- and perl-sources (see Non-semantic sources).
But to make ECB working best for you it is also recommended to have a
look at Customizable options!