3 How to use this manual
IMPORTANT: You should have read the chapter Overview
before going on reading the current chapter.
This chapter describes shortly the contents of the following chapters
of this manual so maybe you can find faster what you are searching
- All ECB-windows of ECB (see ECB-windows)
- Gives an introduction into the concept of ECB-windows of ECB, what
they are, which different types exist, how they look, how they can be
used and last but not least what they do in detail, i.e. explains
every ECB-window of ECB in detail.
- Activation and Deactivation (see Activation and Deactivation)
- Describes how to activate and deactivate ECB and which different types
of activation are possible.
- Usage of ECB (see Usage of ECB)
- Describes in detail how to use ECB with mouse and keyboard, explains
the concept of the edit-area and the persistent compile-window,
describe how to change the window-layout and hide and show special
windows, which stealthy background-tasks ECB performs and so on...
- Customizing ECB (see Customizing)
- Gives an overview of the most important options of ECB and tell you
something about do's and don'ts concerning customization of ECB. Lists
all options of ECB and describe exactly the purpose of them.
- Submitting a problem report (see Submitting problem report)
- Instructions what to do if you encounters problems with ECB.
- Upgrading and downloading ECB (see Upgrading)
- Gives an introduction into the automatic option-upgrading-feature of
- Common use-cases (see Common use-cases)
- How to deal with common (and also some special) situations and circumstances,
so e.g. working with big and small screens, working with large directories,
using the builtin version-control-support of ECB, parsing
non-semantic-supported sources like perl, using hide-show, working best with
eshell and JDEE and some window-managers of Emacs (like escreen or winring)
and many more...
- Entry points for Elisp programmers (see Elisp programming)
- All informations needed by programmers when using some ECB-concepts
from within other elisp-libraries. This includes a full description
how to use the ECB-independent library tree-buffer.el. Lists also all
available hooks and describes with full working example how to program
- Conflicts and bugs of ECB (see Conflicts and bugs)
- Lists all currently known bugs and problems and gives well working
- Frequently asked Questions (see FAQ)
- Take a look...
- Command Index (see Command Index)
- List of all interactive commands of ECB
- Option Index (see Option Index)
- List of all user-customizable options of ECB
- Concept Index (see Concept Index)
- List of all concepts introduced by ECB